A Premier Litigation Firm
HFL Law Group (HFL) is a premier litigation firm based in Los Angeles’ San Fernando Valley that offers services in probate and trust, financial elder abuse, business, real estate, and intellectual property litigation. The firm was founded in 2008, when Patrick Huang and James Fedalen partnered to provide the expertise of a larger firm along with the value of a lean team of experienced attorneys. HFL provides a full range of litigation services nationwide through a network of well-recognized law firms. HFL represents clients from pre-litigation through appeal in matters related to probate and trust, financial elder abuse, business, real estate and intellectual property. Our team has achieved a number of precedent-setting decisions comparable to any large firm, earning a reputation for innovation and determination. We pride ourselves on tackling cases that other firms can’t handle.
Deep Expertise, Outstanding Service
HFL was founded on the belief that big-firm expertise can be delivered more efficiently and attentively by a smaller team of exceptional attorneys. Our size provides a number of advantages to our clients, including:
- Personalized Service: We are able to communicate with our clients on a more personal level and customize our approach to their specific needs.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Without the overhead of a big firm, we’re able to efficiently manage our costs—which translates directly into lower billing rates and significant value for our clients. We will handle appropriate cases on a contingency-fee basis or with flat-rate billing.
- Agile Staffing: Our ability to scale staff size as needed allows us to handle cases that may be too large for individual practitioners or too small for big firms.
- Creative Strategies: We’re known for our out-of-the-box approaches, and we excel in handling unusual cases.
- Leave-No-Stone-Unturned Attitude: Our team brings focus, determination and close attention to detail to each case.
- Recognized Matters: Our attorneys have obtained a large number of published decisions—a rare achievement for a firm of our size. Prominent cases include: Warren v. Merrill, Friends of Mammoth v. Town of Mammoth Lakes Redevelopment Agency, Tokidoki v. Fortune Dynamics, Fortune Dynamics v. Victoria’s Secret, Converse v. Fortune Dynamics, Weiss v. Washington Mutual, and Ambassador Hotel v. WeI-Chuan Investment.
- Long History of Success: Our team has a combined experience of more than 60 years in the legal field. The Fedalen family, with four generations of lawyers, has been practicing law in Los Angeles for almost 90 years. They like to say, “Law is in our DNA.”
Comprehensive Litigation Practice
HFL represents clients through all phases of litigation, from pre-trial to appeal, and has expertise in settlement negotiation as well. Our broad litigation practice includes both plaintiff and defense work in the following areas:
- Probate and Trust: Matters regarding the establishment, administration, and probate of wills, trusts, estates, conservatorship, and will and trust contests.
- Financial Elder Abuse: Matters including fraud, breaches of fiduciary duties, writs of attachment and seizure of assets.
- Business: Breach of contracts; commercial matters; resolution of issues between shareholders, partners, and members of business entities; fraud claims; and business torts.
- Real Estate: Disputes involving contracts, design and construction defects, title and easement disputes, nuisance claims, fraud claims; landlord/tenant matters; mechanics’ liens; foreclosure; quiet title; and injunctive relief.
- Intellectual Property: Claims related to the enforcement and defense of intellectual property rights such as trademarks, trade names, service marks, trade dress and copyright.